Surveillance and Statistics Resources
IPAC Canada offers these links for additional resources for infection control professionals. Links presented here do not imply endorsement by IPAC Canada.
Tools and websites to help you carry out surveillance and analyse the results.
Long Term Care Surveillance Toolkit in Collaboration with Public Health Ontario
- Long Term Care Surveillance Toolkit in Collaboration with Public Health Ontario (Sept. 2020)
- Appendix A - Case Definitions (Sept. 2020)
- Appendix B - Database and Reporting Tool (Excel - Sept. 2020)
- Appendix C - Training Tool for Frontline Staff (Powerpoint - Sept. 2020)
- Webinar - Surveillance of Infections in Long Term Care: An IPAC Canada Toolkit by Public Health Ontario. September 29, 2020. View webinar here OR click here for more information.
- Against All Odds - Inside statistics (instructional videos etc.)
- Best Practices for Infection Prevention and Control Programs in Ontario - PIDAC
- Canadian Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease Surveillance System (CJDSS) - PHAC
- Canadian Nosocomial Infection Surveillance Program (CNISP) - PHAC
- Centre for Healthcare Related Infection Surveillance and Prevention (CHRISP) - Queensland
- Communicable Disease Surveillance Protocols - Ontario Hospital Association
- Concepts and Applications of Inferential Statistics -Vassar College
- Epi Info - Epidemiology shareware from the CDC
- Eurosurveillance Weekly
- Long Term Care Infection Surveillance Definitions/Définitions de la surveillance des infections pour les établissements de soins de longue durée -IPAC Canada/CPSI/AAMI
- National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) - U.S. hospital surveillance system for reporting nosocomial infections. National infection rates are published here to use as benchmarks.
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance Protocols -Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute Interventions:
- Surveillance of Health Care-Associated Infections in Patient and Resident Populations - PIDAC
- VICNISS - Nosocomial Infections Surveillance System from Victoria, Australia has tailored the NNIS system to incorporate specific targeted modules into their hospital surveillance.
- Web Pages That Perform Statistical Calculations
A wonderful resource for the mathematically challenged...!