Professional E-learning Program (for Front Line Workers)
The IPAC Canada, Infection Prevention and Control Routine Practices e-learning program has been updated in both English and French for 2024. The program has been updated to include clear guidance and protocols on pandemic and post COVID related issues along with all new case studies that relate to your environment or practice.
This newly updated program (2024) is a comprehensive English and French self-paced, online learning program designed to help implement standardized infection prevention and control practices while reducing the number, duration, and severity of infections in any healthcare setting.
The IPAC Canada Routine Practices eLearning program is designed to help reduce infections and protect health care workers in a variety of increasingly complex settings like: long term care homes, clinics, dental practices, acute care settings, to name only a few.
This program was developed by a national committee of Infection Prevention and Control Professionals (ICPs) from across Canada in both English and French.
The program is accredited by le Société de formation et d'éducation continue (SOFEDUC) .
More than 15,000 healthcare professionals, in both English and French from every province in Canda and many countries from around the world have taken the program since it was launched in 2011.
“Healthcare professionals who successfully complete the program will receive one Continuing Education Credit (CEU)”
This self-paced, 6-module course is primarily designed for front-line workers and includes case studies, simulations, narration, video and questions. You must take all 6 modules and achieve a minimum of 75% on your test after each module to receive a certificate of completion issued by Georgian College in collaboration with IPAC Canada.
The Infection Prevention and Control Curriculum includes:
- Module 1: The Chain of Infection
- Module 2: Routine Practices
- Module 3: Hand Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment
- Module 4: Environmental Controls
- Module 5: Source Control and Education
- Module 6: Routine Practices Application Simulations
Who should participate?
|Patient Care Staff
|Diagnostic Imaging Technologists
|Home Care Workers
|Personal Support Workers
|Pre Hospital Services
The e-learning program is available online 24/7 and can be accessed from any computer – no special software or hardware is required. Reporting and administration is strictly confidential and provided by Georgian College, an accredited provincial post secondary institution.
- Group Discounts Available. Contact email@example.com
- Certification provided by Georgian College and IPAC Canada
- Accredited by SOFEDUC for one CEU credit.
- Reflects current (2024) Infection Prevention and Control Practices and Protocols
- Optimized for more efficient navigation for experienced Health Care Professionals
- Offers opportunities to explore additional depth of content.
- For immediate individual enrollment visit:
- For special group registration information, contact:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For one-time large group enrolment, contact: email@example.com.
Additional Funding Provided by: