IPAC Canada Essentials in Infection Prevention and Control Course
Sponsored by IPAC Canada. Online Course.
Applications now being accepted for the Regular Course and the Accelerated Course.
Admission to the Accelerated Program requires students to be actively working in an Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) role - or transitioning into an IPAC role. Because this is an accelerated version of the course, a signed letter of support from the student's employer is required (a downloadable template is available below). Applications are due by March 10, 2024. Students will be notified of their acceptance by March 24, 2024. Tuition fees for accepted students will be due by March 31, 2024. Course starts April 1, 2024.
Preference for admission into the Regular program will be given to novice IPAC practitioners with less than 2 years' experience. Applications will also be considered from others working in healthcare and/or exploring opportunities in infection prevention and control. Applications are due by July 14, 2024. Students will be notified of their acceptance by August 1, 2024. Tuition fees for accepted students will be due by August 15, 2024. Course starts September 9, 2024.
Tuition for both programs is $1790.00 CDN (GST exempt). Payment deadlines will be communicated to accepted students. Tuition can be paid through cheques payable to IPAC Canada, or by credit card. Students outside of Canada must pay via bank draft or money order.
A T2202 tax form will be issued to Canadian students, for income tax purposes. It is a requirement of the Canada Revenue Agency that we file a T2202 form for qualifying students, even if your tuition is paid by a third party or by your employer. Students will provide their social insurance number at the time of paying their tuition.
Inquiries and Online Registration
Applications will be accepted (online only) until the deadline dates noted above.
Applicants must only apply for ONE course offering at a time (Accelerated, OR Regular)
If you have any questions after reading the FAQs, please contact the course coordinators, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to Apply?
Accelerated Course Applicants Only:
- Download Accelerated Course Application Form (fillable Word doc; complete form, and save as a PDF in the file format lastname_firstname_application.
- Download Employer Letter of Support template (fillable Word doc; complete form, and save as a PDF in the file format lastname_firstname_employersupport
- Ensure you also have your current C.V./resume saved as a PDF in the file format lastname_firstname_resume
Click on the Apply For Accelerated Course button below.
Regular Course Applicants Only:
- Download Regular Course Application Form (fillable Word doc; complete form, and save as a PDF in the file format lastname_firstname_application
- Ensure you also have your current C.V./resume saved as a PDF in the file format lastname_firstname_resume.
Click on the Apply for Regular Course button below.
After completing your online application and uploading the requisite documents, you will receive an e-confirmation from the system. If you do NOT receive it, please email email@example.com and we will verify whether your application was received.