Education Resources for Infection Control Professionals
IPAC Canada's Educational Resources
IPAC Canada offers a number of resources for education and learning:
- Education Philosophy, Goals and Learning Needs (IPAC Canada Members only)
- Infection Control Conferences Calendar - IPAC Canada's calendar of Canadian and international conferences and events of interest to infection control professionals.
- Canadian IPAC Education Courses - Visit our compendium of Canadian-based courses in infection control, including online courses. IPAC Canada is committed to providing educational resources for ICPs, including online courses based on core competencies developed by IPAC Canada and endorsed by IPAC Canada.
- Core Competencies for ICPs (September 2022)
- Core Competencies for Healthcare Providers (June 2022)
- Corporate Member Education Events - Visit our webpage for education provided from our industry members.
- Routine Practices E-Learning Tool - This course is designed to review the key elements of Routine Practices, the Canadian system of infection prevention and control strategies that are applied by all healthcare workers in all healthcare settings.
- Webinars - Presentations from industry-sponsored and IPAC-Canada webinars may be found here.
Other Educational Resources
The following infection prevention and control-related education resources from other agencies are available for infection control professionals. Links presented here do not imply endorsement by IPAC Canada.
- Against All Odds - Inside statistics from the Consortium for Mathematics and its Applications and Chedd-Angier
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) - The APIC text is an excellent resource for the CBIC examination! IPAC Canada members may purchase the APIC Text at members rate.
- Bloodborne Pathogens - Annual Update for Healthcare Produced in the U.S., this award winning and engaging 13 minute DVD uses humor to educate healthcare workers on the basic elements required by OSHA's Bloodborne Pathogens Standard. You can augment the DVD with the comprehensive written material and pre and post tests (included as PDF files on the disk) OR if time is a factor, use the interactive Q&A provided at the end of the DVD. Available at Amazon; $125USF. American content.
- Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology (CBIC) GET CERTIFIED! This is the most widely recognized examination for infection control professionals in North America. Partnership with IPAC Canada has resulted in collaboration on examination questions. Visit this site to see how you can become certified!
- Concepts and Applications of Inferential Statistics - Vassar College
- Online Education Modules from the Provincial Infection Control Network of British Columbia (PICNet)
- Orientation Manual (PICNet)
- Teleclass Education – International infection prevention and control lecture series presented via live Teleclass (teleconference) or via on-line recording. Participate from the comfort of your office or meeting room.
- Webcasts from the Ontario Telemedicine Network – Many infection control-related webcasts may be downloaded following their initial airing over the telemedicine network.
- Webinars from the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (U.S.)