Human Resource Links for ICPs
IPAC Canada offers these links for additional resources for infection control professionals. Links presented here do not imply endorsement by IPAC Canada.
Resources that may be used by ICPs to enhance their infection control programs and resources.
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) Program Standard (IPAC-Canada 2016)
- Essential Resources for Effective Infection Prevention and Control Programs: A Matter of Patient Safety - A Discussion Paper (2010) (PHAC)
- Best Practices for Infection Prevention and Control Programs in Ontario (PIDAC)
- Framework for Staffing and Core Competencies Training Designed for Infection Control Programs (PICNet)
- ICP Orientation Manual (PICNet)
- Requirements for Infrastructure and Essential Activities of Infection Control and Epidemiology in Hospitals: A Consensus Panel Report (1998) Assessment of needs for a healthy and effective hospital-based infection control and epidemiology program.
- Letter to Administrators: The Membership Core Committee has created a template for members and non-members to use when discussing IPAC Canada membership with decision-makers. The template can be addressed, additional information added, and the member/potential member can sign the letter if required.
- WHO Guidelines on Core Components for Infection Prevention and Control Programmes