Endorsement of Essentials in IPAC Programs
Endorsement refers to the official approval of IPAC Canada that a course has met the criteria specified in Policy 10.80, Endorsement of Basic Education Courses, specifically related to content, length, instructors, evaluation and delivery. Courses must relate to basic educational preparation of individuals for infection prevention and control practice. If granted, endorsement will apply for three years, but annual updates must be submitted during that time period for the endorsement to be maintained.
A list of IPAC Canada endorsed courses has been posted on the IPAC Canada website, together with the IPAC Canada logo indicating approval.
- Endorsement of Basic IP&C Courses (Policy 10.80)
- Application Form for Endorsement (Form 29A - fillable)
- Annual Update Form (Form 30A)
- Endorsement of Practicum-Based Courses (Policy 10.81)
- Acknowledgement of IPAC Related Courses (Policy 10.82)
- List of IPAC Canada-endorsed Courses
IPAC Canada Endorsement Of Practicum-Based Courses
A Practicum-Based Course is a standalone course that offers students the opportunity to gain practical infection prevention and control (IPAC) experience in a healthcare setting. Students must complete a placement in a healthcare setting under the supervision of an eligible mentor and gain experience in a minimum number of IPAC Core Competencies. Endorsement of Practicum-Based courses refers to the official approval of IPAC Canada that a practicum-based course meets the criteria specified in Policy 10.81 (below) related to length, mentorship, and experience in an approved set of IPAC core competencies.
IPAC Canada Acknowledgement of IPAC-Related Courses
- Acknowledgement of IPAC Related Courses (Policy 10.82).
- Application for Course Acknowledgement (Form 29C).
- Acknowledgement of Non-Endorsed Courses Annual Update Form (Form30C)
|Applications for IPAC Canada Endorsement or Acknowledgement|
|Deadline for Annual Update||October 1, 2021|
|Deadline Date for Spring Application:||April 1, 2021|
|Deadline Date for Fall Application:||October 1, 2021|
|2020 Application Fee (non-refundable):||$1000 (CAD) + GST|