WEBINAR: VRE Isolation in Renal Medicine - Is It Needed?
Date: Wednesday, 12 February, 2020
Time: 1030 PT, 1130 MT, 1230 CT/SK, 1330 ET, 1430 AT, 1500 NL
Duration: 1.0 hour
Log in information will be provided at a later date.
THIS WEBINAR IS FOR IPAC CANADA MEMBERS.
Registration Deadline is Monday 10th February, 2020.
This presentation will look at what happened when we stopped isolating VRE in an endemically colonized high risk population over a period of one year.
- Examine the current recommendations for hand hygiene
- Review the factors that influence alcohol efficacy and alcohol-based hand rub (ABHR) antimicrobial efficacy
- Understand the importance of ABHR formulation and the influence of ABHR volume and dry time on efficacy
- Understand the elements and importance of a multimodal hand hygiene program
- Identify ABHR attributes that influence compliance
Craig Pearce has a BSc in Microbiology from the University of Guelph and a MSc in Hospital Epidemiology from the University of Calgary where he focused on the contamination of hospital rooms before and after terminal cleaning. He has worked in Infection Prevention and Control for nearly 10 years, 9 of those years at Foothills Medical Centre before moving to the Rockyview General Hospital in late 2019. He has a keen interest in innovated solutions to infection control problems.
Made possible through the generous support of