WEBINAR: Canadian Standard Association (CSA) Cleaning and Disinfection Standard Z317.12
Time: 1030 PT, 1130 MT/SK, 1230 CT, 1330 ET, 1430 AT, 1500 NL
Duration: 1.0 hour
Log in information to be provided at a later date.
THIS WEBINAR IS FOR ANY INTERESTED IPAC CANADA MEMBER WORKING IN A CANADIAN HEALTH CARE FACILITY AND STAKEHOLDERS OF THE CLEANING AND DISINFECTION PROCESS. This webinar will provide the opportunity for a Q&A on the new CSA standard. Open to members and any of their colleagues they wish to invite to this important session. Please also invite those in your facilities who are responsible for environmental cleaning and disinfection.
REGISTRATION FOR THE AUGUST 8 WEBINAR IS FULL. REGISTER FOR THE AUGUST 15 WEBINAR BELOW. DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION: Tuesday, 13th August, 2019.
IMPORTANT: READ THE DRAFT STANDARD PRIOR TO THIS WEBINAR (see link below). SEND ANY QUESTIONS TO RICHARD DIXON, CHAIR OF THE STANDARDS COMMITTEE, NO LATER THAN AUGUST 1, 2019 (email@example.com). QUESTIONS CAN STILL BE POSED DURING THE WEBINAR.
Objectives of Presentation:
The Canadian Standards Association is developing a national standard for Cleaning and Disinfection of Canadian Health Care Facilities. A draft of this important standard is currently available until August 21, 2019 at this web link: https://community.csagroup.org/login.jspa?referer=%252Fdocs%252FDOC-117127. If you do not already have a CSA account, you can easily create one on this site.
Although individual feedback from stakeholders across Canada is welcomed and encouraged, there is also an opportunity for a Webinar that will allow a brief presentation followed by a question and answer process.
Highlight of the standard include:
- Quality Management System
- Air, Water and Surface Transmission
- Patient Engagement
- Asset Procurement
- Approach to Cleaning and Disinfection
- Cleaning and Disinfection Technologies
- Education, Training and Monitoring
- Specialized Areas
- Care and Storage of Supplies
- Health and Safety
- Pest Control Management
- Sinks and Drains
- Waste Handling
RICHARD DIXON has 37 years of experience in senior administration, planning, design, construction, commissioning plus infection prevention & control of health facilities in Canada. He has been a significant contributor to the Canadian Standards Association and other organizations, including:
- Chair – Cleaning and Disinfection Committee (Z317.12)
- Past Vice Chair of the Infection Control during Construction, Renovation or Maintenance in Health Care Facilities Committee (Z317.13), plus has taught the CSA Infection Control and Design standards to hospitals, consultants and contractors throughout Canada and in the Middle East
- Member - Health Care Facilities Operations & Maintenance Committee (Z8002),
- Member - Health Care Technical Committee,
- Co-founder of the non-profit organization CHAIR (Coalition Healthcare Acquired infection Reduction) Canada. This unique organization researches Engineering Infection Prevention (EIP) solutions, promotes these solutions and provides education & research in Canadian healthcare facilities
RAMONA RODRIGUES RN BSc MSc(A) CIC CNS FAPIC is a Clinical Nurse Specialist in IPAC at The McGill University Health Center in Montreal. She has been an ICP for 32 years and a member of IPAC Canada for 31 years. Ramona is currently a member of the IPAC Board representing Chapter Presidents, Interest Groups and the Chapter Council. She was the Past President of the IPAC Canada Quebec chapter PCI Qc. She is currently an active member of the Quebec Ministry Table Nationale for IPAC, Quebec MinIstry Hygiene et Salubrite Table and has participated in several IPAC working groups over the years. Ramona is a Faculty member and Course Coordinator at McGill University and coordinates the Undergraduate course in Infection Prevention and Control at the Ingram School of Nursing.
WEBINAR SPONSORED BY