WEBINAR: Canadian Standard Association (CSA) Cleaning and Disinfection Standard Z317.12
Date: Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Time: 1030 PT, 1130 MT/SK, 1230 CT, 1330 ET, 1430 AT, 1500 NL
Duration: 1.5 hours
Login details will be provided at a later date.
THIS WEBINAR IS FOR ANY INTERESTED CAEM MEMBER WORKING IN A CANADIAN HEALTH CARE FACILITY AND STAKEHOLDERS OF THE CLEANING AND DISINFECTION PROCESS.
IMPORTANT: PUBLIC REVIEW OF THE DRAFT STANDARD ENDED ON AUGUST 21ST. CSA WILL NOT ALLOW DISTRIBUTION OF THE STANDARD. THIS WEBINAR IS INTENDED TO REVIEW THE CONTENT OF THE STANDARD AND TO ANSWER QUESTIONS.
PARTICIPANTS MUST REGISTER AT THE LINK BELOW.
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION: FRIDAY, September 27, 2019.
OBJECTIVES OF PRESENTATION:
The Canadian Standards Association is developing a national standard for Cleaning and Disinfection of Canadian Health Care Facilities. Highlight of the standard include:
- Quality Management System
- Air, Water and Surface Transmission
- Patient Engagement
- Asset Procurement
- Approach to Cleaning and Disinfection
- Cleaning and Disinfection Technologies
- Education, Training and Monitoring
- Specialized Areas
- Care and Storage of Supplies
- Health and Safety
- Pest Control Management
- Sinks and Drains
- Waste Handling
RICHARD DIXON has 37 years of experience in senior administration, planning, design, construction, commissioning plus infection prevention & control of health facilities in Canada. He has been a significant contributor to the Canadian Standards Association and other organizations, including:
- Chair – Cleaning and Disinfection Committee (Z317.12)
- Past Vice Chair of the Infection Control during Construction, Renovation or Maintenance in Health Care Facilities Committee (Z317.13), plus has taught the CSA Infection Control and Design standards to hospitals, consultants and contractors throughout Canada and in the Middle East
- Member - Health Care Facilities Operations & Maintenance Committee (Z8002),
- Member - Health Care Technical Committee,
- Co-founder of the non-profit organization CHAIR (Coalition Healthcare Acquired infection Reduction) Canada. This unique organization researches Engineering Infection Prevention (EIP) solutions, promotes these solutions and provides education & research in Canadian healthcare facilities
What drives Richard to do all these things?? Only one thing...Making healthcare safe for patients!
Keith Sopha is an experienced Environmental Services Consultant with a demonstrated work history of managing large healthcare facilities.
He has a passion for infection prevention and has spent his entire working career enhancing the professionalism of healthcare cleaning, establishing best practice cleaning and disinfection practices and educating the housekeeping industry.
His contributions to the EVS industry include:
- CSA Vice Chair – Cleaning and Disinfection Committee ( Z317.12)
- President of the Canadian Association of Environmental Management (CAEM)
- Environmental Consultant for PIDAC, 1st edition 2009, 2nd edition 2012 and 3rd edition 2018
- Developed CleanLearning - a training and certification program for the cleaning industry based on healthcare best practice cleaning and disinfection processes (www.cleanlearning.org)
- Co-leader of the Canadian Hospital Environmental Services Study (CHESS) and the Environmental Cleaning Time Standards projects through Queen’s University – Kingston ON 2010 to 2016
- Program Advisory Committee member for Centennial College EVS program
WEBINAR SPONSORED BY
WEBINAR PLATFORM MADE POSSIBLE BY