IPAC Canada Annual Education Conferences
IPAC Canada's Educational Resources
- Education Philosophy, Goals and Learning Needs (IPAC Canada Members only)
- Infection Control Conferences Calendar - IPAC Canada's calendar of Canadian and international conferences and events of interest to infection control professionals.
- Canadian IPAC Education Courses - Visit our compendium of Canadian-based courses in infection control, including online courses. IPAC Canada is committed to providing educational resources for ICPs, including online courses based on core competencies developed by IPAC Canada and endorsed by IPAC Canada.
- IPAC Core Competencies - Infection Prevention and Control Core Competencies for Health Care Workers: A Consensus Document (IPAC Canada, revised 2006)
- Industry Education Events - Visit our webpage for education provided from our industry members.
- Routine Practices E-Learning Tool - This course is designed to review the key elements of Routine Practices, the Canadian system of infection prevention and control strategies that are applied by all healthcare workers in all healthcare settings.
- Webinars and Roadshows - Presentations from industry-sponsored Roadshows and PHAC Webinars may be found here.
OTHER EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES
The following infection prevention and control-related education resources from other agencies are available for infection control professionals. Links presented here do not imply endorsement by IPAC Canada.
- Against All Odds - Inside statistics from the Consortium for Mathematics and its Applications and Chedd-Angier
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) - The 2009 edition of the APIC text is now available. Excellent resource for the CBIC examination!
- Bloodborne Pathogens - Annual Update for Healthcare Produced in the U.S., this award winning and engaging 13 minute DVD uses humor to educate healthcare workers on the basic elements required by OSHA's Bloodborne Pathogens Standard. You can augment the DVD with the comprehensive written material and pre and post tests (included as PDF files on the disk) OR if time is a factor, use the interactive Q&A provided at the end of the DVD. Available at Amazon; $125USF. American content.
- Bon IPAC Bad IPAC - Protection Now or Paperwork Later An informational video aimed at emergency services, developed by the Region of Peel Designated Officers' Working Group (Ontario, Canada). Includes teaching tools:
- Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology (CBIC) GET CERTIFIED! This is the most widely recognized examination for infection control professionals in North America. Partnership with IPAC Canada has resulted in collaboration on examination questions, exam centres being held across Canada and a IPAC Chapter award. Visit this site to see how you can become certified! A PowerPoint presentation describing the role of CBIC is now available on the WebBoard (in the Members Only section of this website). The certification examination is now available in French.
- Concepts and Applications of Inferential Statistics - Vassar College
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) - Courses include:
- Infection Control and Safety (online course)
- Online Education Modules from the Provincial Infection Control Network of British Columbia (PICNet)
- Orientation Manual (PICNet)
- Supercourse – Epidemiology, the Internet & Global Health – Online lectures, related to infection control and epidemiology. Effective PowerPoint slide presentations.
- Teleclass Education – International infection prevention and control lecture series presented via live Teleclass (teleconference) or via on-line recording. Participate from the comfort of your office or meeting room.
- Webcasts from the Ontario Telemedicine Network – Many infection control-related webcasts may be downloaded following their initial airing over the telemedicine network.
- Webinars from the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (U.S.)