In 2018, IPAC Canada introduced a new semi-annual publication titled: Industry Innovations – Where Product Innovation Meets Best Practice. The content is thematically organized in each issue based on the Editor’s chosen topic. Industry partners submit content. The material is curated, based on conformity with the White Paper Guidelines and a literature review conducted by the Editor on the chosen subject. Topics chosen to date have been: Electronic Monitoring of Hand Hygiene Compliance (Summer 2019), Preventing, Controlling and Monitoring Infectious Diseases (Winter 2019), Waste Management (Summer 2020), and Infection Control Surveillance (Winter 2020). Future topics will be determined by the newly appointed Editor.
This is a volunteer position with a 3-year term. It is anticipated that 2-4 hours per week will be required. Depending on current IPAC Canada budget, the Editor may be funded to attend the annual IPAC Canada conference, in whole or in part.
Due to the potential optics of competitive advantage, we regret we cannot accept applications from industry representatives. The term of the Editor will commence immediately.
Responsibilities of the Industry Innovations Editor include:
- To work with the Executive Director and Publisher in the announcement of themed topics to industry representatives;
- To work with the Publisher to develop the themed graphics for each issue;
- To pursue various avenues of content recruitment;
- To become well versed on the featured theme by conducting a literature review on the chosen subject;
- To receive and curate white papers, based on conformity with the White Paper Guidelines and the literature review;
- To communicate with authors and follow up with required revisions and finalization of articles;
- To write an introductory editorial for each theme – introducing the audience to the topic and discussion on why it is a hot technological topic, what subjects will be covered in the issue, and concluding with practical instruction for extended use of the publication;
- To work with the publishers, Craig Kelman & Associates, regarding the placement of articles and advertisements. Note: Craig Kelman & Associates is responsible for the solicitation of advertising that will centre on the specified topic.
- To review the White Paper Guidelines annually and update as required in the future
- To provide an annual report and other reports as directed by the Executive Director.
Click the PDF below for full details and application criteria. Deadline for applications is August 14, 2020.
If you are unable to open the above PDF, the information can also be found on our Volunteer Opportunities page at https://ipac-canada.org/volunteer-opportunities